We are offering all our patients aged 15-24 free Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea testing. These are the most common STIs in this country and the test and treatment are painless for these two infections. You may be asked to be screened when you see the GP or nurse and we will be offering this routinely as part of your contraception review.
Who needs a Chlamydia Test?
- Everyone who's ever had sexual intercourse should think about it
- If you are sexually active now you should get tested AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR
What is Chlamydia?
- The most common sexually transmitted infection in the UK
- The infection had no symtoms but if left untreated it can spread to other parts of the body and can lead to long term health problems, including infertility
What if I have Chlamydia?
- The treatment is simple and you can be treated with a course of antibiotics
How can I get tested?
- Collect a urine pot from either your GP/Nurse or ask at reception, then leave us with a sample of urine
- Make sure we have your contact details - we will contact you if the test is Positive